The early fusion of two or more bones of the skull is called as synostosis or Craniosynostosis. It usually interferes with normal growth of the brain and skull. A variety of surgical procedures can be used for Craniosynostosis. It can be treated by surgery to create space for growth of the brain that is opened to fused sutures. The treatment to correct this surgical disorder is called as Craniosynostosis repair. It is usually observed by the abnormal head shape of an individual. The surgery involves in the separation of fused bones. After the surgery is done, the brain has a enough space to grow and develop.
- Track 1-1 Types of sutures
- Track 2-2 Plagiocephaly
- Track 3-3 Endoscopic craniosynostosis surgery
- Track 4-4 Sagittal suture craniosynostosis
- Track 5-5 Craniofacial microsomia
- Track 6-6 Carpenter syndrome